Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. This candidate will bring a great work ethic, positive energy and a desire to build your career in accounting and operations. We are building a high-performing team, focused on providing value to our customers, accurate financial reporting, and quickly delivering results with a strong sense of urgency and accountability. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Ensure accounting processes are completed timely, accurately, and efficiently including the recording and review of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Complete consolidation procedures by recording intercompany transactions and preparing elimination journal entries
- Assist with the preparation and analysis of financial statements for month-end close
- Support the external audit
- Ensure statutory reporting requirements are satisfied and tax returns are filed timely
- Maintain process documentation, identify opportunities for risk mitigation, and perform key controls
- Drive process improvement and automation opportunities that scale with growth and create positive change across the organization
- Partner with the Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Lead to research, document, and form opinions on accounting topics
- Assist with ad hoc requests and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- CPA (or equivalent)
- Three or more years of relevant work experience, Big 4 public accounting is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Understanding of foreign currency translation and principles of consolidation accounting
- Experience using NetSuite
- Strong presentation, communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated history of driving process improvement and solving complex operational or accounting challenges
- Attention to detail resulting in consistent, reliable, and accurate work product
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives
- Experience working in early stage and/or growth stage start-ups
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.