Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Head of Tax
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,500 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
The Head of Tax will join a fast-paced finance team and will play an integral role overseeing all global tax planning and compliance matters across the business worldwide. The Head of Global Tax will also build effective and collaborative partnerships with cross-functional business units.
- Develop and implement a global tax strategy and structure on new business and go-to-market motions and present recommendations to executive management and senior leadership team
- Oversee the day-to-day global tax accounting, planning, compliance, and policy functions
- Ensure proper and timely completion of domestic and international direct and indirect tax returns, including all related analysis and support
- Monitor indirect tax applicability, collection and reporting requirements and processes
- Management of domestic and foreign country tax filings and audits
- Own tax planning projects and tax-specific workstreams for integration initiatives, product launches, international business expansion and supply chain operations
- Work with tax and regulatory team to develop and implement comprehensive domestic and international tax solutions to support business objectives and international operations, including seller-of-record structuring for devices and subscriptions offerings
- Assess and implement appropriate internal controls related to tax accounting processes and procedures
- MS Taxation, JD, MBA
- 10+ years relevant tax experience
- Deep knowledge of domestic and international corporate tax concepts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex tax concepts in a business setting, including non-tax professionals
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your familyWork from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment