Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
As a Helpdesk engineer, you will be responsible for supporting client technology and services for employees located across India locations as well as remote support for the other geographic regions. This includes but is not limited to desktop/laptop break/fix, re-imaging, troubleshooting, desk phone support and audio/visual & physical conference room support technologies. Additionally, you may be asked to assist (direct experience not required but familiarity) with telecom, switch, network, Server installations etc in the local office infrastructure as needed. This is an internal end user employee facing role where your skills at maintaining and developing relationships with internal users/ contractors and executive staff is crucial.
Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Plan, Implement, and lead end user hardware and software installation projects.
- Analyze, test, and debug compute device systems.
- Customize systems for specific functional areas or unique user needs.
- Laptop/Desktop Break-Fix, Remote Desktop Support.
- Support OS, variety of applications, security agents/services, and hardware issues for users (MAC OS, Windows)
- Work with IT Infrastructure teams to setup and maintain existing infrastructure environments like server / network switches installation and assist with local changes.
- Provide user training and education.
- New HW delivery and setup. May require lifting of boxes and computer hardware.
- Printer installation and troubleshooting.
- Should have experience on Wireless technologies, preferred Aruba, HP networking devices
- Ensure client satisfaction and client management.
- Reporting to customers and management on status, resources need, and projected outcomes.
- Respond to requests, queries, for technical assistance in person, inbound calls, emails, chat, and web tickets within defined SLAs and deploying the required assistance.
- Provide initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all support calls. Escalate to appropriate supervisor when needed and monitor progress on critical priority tickets. Follow-up with supervisor to support teams for timely completion of tasks.
Responsibility and Interaction
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of regular and unstructured; and assignments are moderate in scope.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
- This individual helps to identify semi-routine problems and generates possible solutions.
- The processes used to solve problems are clearly defined.
- Regular review of assignments and detailed direction is provided to them by their manager.
- The ideal candidate actively contributes to team activities and goals using effective verbal and interpersonal skills to share their experience and ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- Job experience and history focused on Desktop Support/IT administration
- Subject Matter Expertise in Microsoft Windows and MAC OS. Fully expert in all diagnostics, commands, etc.
- Expert in utilization of array of Desktop Imaging and MDM tools, such as Desktop Central
- A thorough knowledge of Personal Computer Hardware, Software, Windows 10, Office 365, G-Suite support & administration, Anti-Virus, Internet Browsers, Internet connectivity
- Demonstrated proficiency and professionalism when interfacing with customer employees, executives, and VIPs when providing Desktop Support
- Ability to ensure technical growth and professionalism of Desktop team and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer / Science, Information Technology, or related technical disciplines
- At least 3+ years relevant technical experience supporting users in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment
- 1+ years networking / server management experience. Must demonstrate experience with switches / wireless devices and general network fundamentals.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with senior management and troubleshoot their compute requirements.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard IT/Engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.