Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service, delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva’s patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
Druva has raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
The VP, Strategic Operations / Chief of Staff reports to the CEO directly. This strategic position focuses on continuously improving the way the organization is run. Being effective in this pivotal role requires a natural ability to build strong, trusting partnerships across the organization and drive progress on key initiatives, cross-functional projects and effective communications on behalf of the CEO.
This role has responsibility for driving operational excellence throughout the portfolio while optimizing value creation and capture across our lines of business. We’re seeking a seasoned, multi-tasking, highly organized professional to work closely with our cross-functional leadership teams to define and deliver continuous critical metrics and analytics for the organization, as well as drive strategic operational programs. This position will also drive product commercialization strategy across all business lines and geographies, with a focus on creating innovative go-to-market solutions that allow the business to grow and scale. Build and leverage financial models to effectively communicate actionable insights in support of pricing and distribution, product and portfolio, and other key business activities and strategies.
Responsibilities Chief of Staff:
This position encompasses three primary areas of responsibility
- Company-wide Execution
- Lead the collaboration behind Druva Mind-Body-Soul framework around strategy, operating plan and culture.
- Operationalize the cross-functional execution behind key corporate goals
- Lead annual strategy and planning
- Being the CEO’s Proxy:
- Represent or support the CEO in key meetings internally and externally
- The primary focus is on ensuring alignment among the stakeholders. In the event that alignment is absent, sharing this with the CEO and recommending mitigating approaches
- Broad Visibility and Influence:
- Board level work and and projects - develop deep understanding of investors and board
- Work closely with executive team and extended leadership team
- Overall Company Cadence:
- E-Staff meeting, offsites, and board meetings: The person is responsible for realistic meeting objectives, appropriate preparation, and that the CEO is well prepared.
- Provide weekly insightful, data-driven recommendations to the CEO and leadership team
Responsibilities VP Strategic Operations:
- Business plan (map strategy, revenue & goals) and product portfolio investment strategy
- Manage the annual business cycle for strategic and financial planning, workforce planning and quarterly and monthly reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s strategic objectives and use the knowledge to increase the operational effectiveness
- NPI and program management
- Refine and drive Product Management and NPI process ensuring the process is consistent, repeatable and scalable while remaining agile and lightweight
- Improve communication and change management of strategic program/projects
- Develop and inspect KPIs to measure progress and drive the programs and projects
- Critical core competencies for successful performance in this role are:
- Prior product or product operations experience
- Strong strategic/financial analysis skills
- Highly developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- Results/action-orientation; project management skills
- Organizational and political agility; developed negotiation skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Consulting background in strategy, communications or business operations is a plus
- Smart, strong analytical skills and ability; outstanding project management, execution and business acumen
- 10+ years experience in planning and delivery, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects concurrently in a cross functional environment
- Knowledge and expertise in software development, product, business analytics, and reporting are crucial to the success of this role
- Good sense of self and strong personal presence
- Versatile across multiple corporate functions
- Willingness to work hard and take direction—but also creatively solve problems for which the answers aren’t always obvious