Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva’s patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
Druva has raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
Druva is looking to hire a Sr. Sales Engineer based out of Boston, MA. This Sr. Sales Engineer will be a key technical advisor to Druva customers as they develop their cloud backup solution and be able to articulate Druva’s technical and product positioning to a variety of business and technical stakeholders throughout the sales cycle, forging strong relationships with them.
In this role, you will drive the technical evaluation stage of the overall sales process, making you a critical driver of customer success as data governance becomes more important and necessary in the modern enterprise. You will be the key technical advisor to the Sales teams and work closely with our Product teams, Professional Services and Customer Support teams.
The ability to effectively scale your interactions from highly technical I.T. staff to key stakeholders at the Executive level is a must. Flexibility in your current skill set and a demonstrable eagerness to learn new things are key criteria to any candidates for this position. You will work in a team of individual contributors who are empowered to make decisions and run their day to business.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business.
- Deliver awe-inspiring technical product presentations and demos, provide timely and insightful responses to customer queries, and recommend creative ways Druva can solve customer problems.
- Understand and participate in answering the functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Perform remote installations, training, and ensure the success of customer POCs.
- Effectively communicate customer requirements to the Product management team.
- Meet business objectives, working in collaboration with Sales Executives in the region.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years in technical customer-facing roles with at least 3+ years as a Sales Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in a pre-sales role working with enterprise software solutions (Backup and SaaS experience a plus)
- Expert level knowledge of Operating Systems including MS Windows, Linux, and MAC.
- Experience with Active Directory, SSO Tools, SCCM/Casper Deployment tools, Virtual environments (VMWare, HyperV), Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS)
- Knowledge of Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, Bandwidth Management, Firewalls), Cloud Technologies using AWS/Azure.
- Fast Learner in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Results-oriented with the ability to prioritize activities, plan and organized to meet commitments
- Excellent presentation, communication (verbal & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management including negotiations and risk abatement
- Experience with a SaaS company or demonstrable deep knowledge of SaaS practices
- Travel up to 25%
- Strong knowledge of enterprise server backup technology
- Knowledge and practical experience with VMware & Hyper-V administration.
- Backup & Restore of File & MSSQL Servers.
- Exposure to AWS services - mainly EC2, S3, IAM & VPC.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and processes
- Exposure to Storage protocols SAS, Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI
- Understanding of Network Technologies and protocols – TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, switches, firewalls, routers