Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique, innovative, and engaging digital and offline experiences to fuel our growth. We leverage the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation and commerce on the internet. To meet our ambitious goals, we are looking for a Staff Data/ML Scientist to join our Data leadership team.
This role will own and drive the strategy and vision for Data Science across growth, digital product and operations. You will focus on driving personalization experiences to delight our customers, optimizing our customer acquisition marketing spend, enriching our customer understanding to drive long-term engagement, and supporting strategic product innovation.
You will partner closely with key leaders to unlock a new understanding of our ever-expanding base of customers and help drive the smart use of data. If you enjoy delivering end-to-end solutions from technique selection to model training and results measurement for cutting-edge digital products and innovative use of social, behavioral, and operational data, then we want to hear from you!
- You have 7+ years of professional experience with mixed data skill sets and approaches (analytics, analytic tools, and data science)
- Self-sufficiency in data analysis (such as R, Python)
- You have deep understanding of a breadth of modeling techniques (e.g. regression models, causal inference in marketing and product launches, advanced Bayesian techniques)
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and entrepreneurial. You work autonomously.
- Preferred: you have a PhD / MS degree in Econometrics, Statistics or similar field
- Preferred: familiarity with performance marketing analytics and experimental design (e.g. A/B testing)
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.