Climate action that matters.
Joro empowers people to take climate action that matters, starting with how they spend money. We’re a Sequoia-backed startup in Oakland. Our vision is to lower the barriers to collective climate action, building a solution as big as the crisis we face.
We’re looking for a stellar summer intern to work closely with the CEO on high-priority product and strategy projects. Potential projects may include improving Joro’s Carbonizer and engagement strategies to inform user decision-making, expanding Joro’s carbon offset offerings, and analyzing business and growth opportunities. The ideal candidate is a passionate, self-starting, entrepreneurial, collaborative person who thrives in fast-paced, team-based environments.
- Deep passion for addressing the climate crisis
- Currently enrolled in a graduate school program, such as an MBA, MPA, or other relevant program
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication
- Professional or academic experience in carbon reduction or removal, carbon accounting, and/or climate tech a plus, but not a must
- Experience working on fast-paced, early-stage software teams a plus, but not a must
- Independently lead strategic analysis on key opportunity areas for the business
- Conduct quantitative analysis on product and business data to inform decision-making
- Collaborate closely with engineering, marketing, and design teams to scope, test, and implement new product features
- Develop and write thought leadership pieces related to key opportunity areas
We offer competitive startup salaries, dedicated mentorship, excellent taste in music, and warm and witty banter. In non-COVID times, we love working in person in our office in Oakland, but we're building our team with the best people based anywhere in the US.
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? Research shows that women and marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you're passionate about what we're building, please apply. You might be just who we’re looking for.