Climate action that matters.
San Francisco, CA, US
Joro empowers people to take climate action that matters, starting with how they spend money. We’re a Sequoia-backed startup in Oakland. Our vision is to lower the barriers to collective climate action, building a solution as big as the crisis we face.
We are looking for a mission-driven data scientist who is excited to develop insights and analysis for a rapidly growing mobile app. As a member of a small, driven team committed to reversing the climate crisis, your work will have tremendous impact. The ideal candidate is a passionate, self-starting, entrepreneurial, collaborative person who thrives in fast-paced, team-based environments.
- Deep passion for addressing the climate crisis
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a quantitative field, e.g. data science, machine learning, computer science, or others
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience applying statistical concepts to real-world problems or a solid understanding of those concepts
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and techniques
- Ability to work independently on a small, fast-moving team
- Developing data-driven insights that lead to improvements in the product or strategy, especially as it concerns user retention
- Leading at least one data analysis project
- Helping to shape the culture of the team with your positive attitude
We offer competitive startup salaries, dedicated mentorship, excellent taste in music, and warm and witty banter. In non-COVID times, we love working in person in our office in Oakland, but we're building our team with the best people based anywhere in the US.
Think you might have what it takes, but not sure you meet every requirement? Research shows that women and marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you're passionate about what we're building, please apply. You might be just who we’re looking for.