productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
As the Director of Recruiting you will be responsible for building a thoughtful, data-driven, best-in-class recruiting organization. You will bring a strong point of view about what world class recruiting looks like so you and your team can recruit top talent for the company and continuously improve the systems, tools, and processes we use.
You will partner directly with our leadership team and organizational leaders and use data to report back on our team's effectiveness. You should have experience using creative programs to grow our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Most importantly, you be a strong people leader who cares deeply about growing and coaching a team of amazing recruiters.
Overall, you should have a deep understanding of the recruiting landscape, be passionate about management, have experience scaling recruiting functions, and not be afraid to roll-up your sleeves and dig in.
On a typical day, you will...
- Drive overall success of our global Recruiting team, including managing prioritization and the overall accountability for each recruiter in all locations (Prague, North America, remote).
- Act as full-cycle recruiter for North America, and in particular cover senior level, critical and/or hard to fill positions.
- As a people leader, invest in the coaching and development of your team. Lead by example, hire great people, and build an environment of trust and high performance within recruiting.
- Identify needs, implement, and execute a recruiting strategy that will successfully recruit candidates needed to move the business forward.
- Cultivate a data-driven recruiting function to make informed and measurable recruiting decisions and to continue improving the overall effectiveness of our recruiting efforts.
- Think creatively and bring an innovation framework to recruiting with a specific focus on hiring diverse talent.
- Be a trusted advisor and thought partner with senior leaders on recruiting projects across the organization.
- Develop and own our relationship with all recruiting partners and vendors.
- 8+ years of in-house recruiting experience, with 4+ years managing a dispersed global team in a fast paced environment.
- Direct experience with both technical and non-technical recruitment, with proven strategies for all types of roles.
- Strong commitment to DEI with a desire to advocate for more inclusive approaches to hiring.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving.
- Well-versed in recruiting technologies and systems that will support the recruiting function and help us scale over time.
- Proven track record leading successful teams who exceed hiring goals while forming positive relationships with your team and leadership.
- Experience coaching and enabling a team of recruiters to develop strategic recruiting plans. You lead teams with empathy and strive to be a great teacher and coach to your team members.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed using the Product Excellence Methodology, Productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next.
Over 2,500 modern, product-led companies, including Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco and Prague, we are backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where people feel empowered, supported, and included. Where trust and transparency are built into the way we work. And where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day.
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.