Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Client Support Specialist, East
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
About the role
We are looking for a driven candidate to join our team as a Client Support Specialist. You will be the first-responder for Attentive’s entire client base, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues, and helping to reduce and remove friction between our clients and their use of the platform. This role is the face of our product experience and delivers the most outstanding product support in the industry.
This role requires a special combination of high-level professional communication skills, and the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues. You will interface directly with our clients on a daily basis, become a resident expert on all facets of our platform and the broader ecommerce industry, and work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product, and design to bridge the gap between product and customers. Your core responsibility will be communicating with Attentive clients via email and live chat to provide fast and accurate resolutions for any issues they might encounter.
- Respond to Attentive client needs via email and live chat, owning that interaction from inception to resolution
- Troubleshoot technical platform issues
- Advise our clients on best-practices with the Attentive platform and its use cases
- Assist clients with urgent needs and help usher them to the best solutions and across our platform and the business
- Act as first line of defense for triaging & debugging platform health issues
- Exceed client expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience
- Continuously train to become an expert on the Attentive platform, mobile marketing, and the ecommerce industry
- Help translate customer feedback into specific product requirements
Skills & Requirements
- 0-1 year of experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree
- Keen interest in startups, software, and entrepreneurism
- Loves working in fast-paced environments
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Experience navigating complex work processes, tight timelines, and changing teams
- Comfortable learning new software (for design, data management, and internal tools)
- A strong growth mindset
- Prior experience in customer support preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.