Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Customer Marketing Strategist
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking an ambitious Customer Marketing Strategist to join our team. Reporting into the Director of Customer Marketing, this role will support marketing activities that drive customer growth, create long-lasting customer relationships, and engage advocates.
- Use various marketing channels, including email, direct mail, and more, to nurture customer relationships and brand affinity throughout lifecycle and retention touchpoints, including launch, anniversaries/milestones, holidays, and referrals.
- Help scale our customer community and support strategies to foster and engage groups of mobile messaging evangelists.
- Lead and support integrated campaigns end to end, such as direct mail campaigns, to drive top-tier customer growth and nurture strategic relationship building. Lead documentation efforts to make processes scalable and repeatable across the team.
- Assist with lifecycle marketing programs to gauge customer sentiment and drive share of wallet at key moments, including conversions to paid, renewals, referrals, expansion, and upsell/cross-sell.
- Support customer advocacy initiatives and tracking to ensure customer validation, including testimonials, case studies, reviews, is leveraged by marketing, sales, and customer strategy teams. Optimize systems to identify and track customer advocates for reference requests, speaking and press opportunities, as well as case studies.
- Consistently track the ROI of each customer marketing activity.
- 1-2 years B2B marketing experience
- Experience across marketing fundamentals, with excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to own and execute multiple projects and campaigns from beginning to end.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools and Salesforce CRM. Ability to create and send email campaigns, develop nurture programs, and more. Hubspot experience is a plus.
- Process-oriented and collaborative in mindset.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap (once office reopens)
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events (virtual and in-person)
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.