Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation.
- Maintain warehouse organization and manage physical inventory of both serialized and unserialized parts.
- Receive, transact, and store inventory, understand IQC requirements, and send the proper alerts for quality checks.
- Receive and deliver non-inventory material.
- Record serial numbers and label inventory. Maintain records of material movements.
- Track what internal work or outside processing has been done on inventoried material.
- Issue materials on an on-demand basis.
- Kit and issue materials to operations based on build plans, and track consumption by serial numbers.
- Prepare and package inventory for shipment and transact appropriately.
- Package, label, and track material according to RMAs.
- Develop and adhere to a cycle count schedule.
- Provide inventory status of parts needed for upcoming builds.
- Set up an inventory system at multiple locations within the US.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining accurate inventory.
- Highly organized with extreme attention to detail.
- Understanding of structured BOMs, work orders, and build plans.
- Familiarity with inventory software.
- Familiarity with ESD requirements of handling electronic equipment.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.