Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have a market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
You will be a part of our People Team, building trusted and inclusive work environments, which in turn enable our employees to be their best every day. We are a passionate, energetic and fun-loving team who believes in partnering closely with our business to build a high performing culture and winning teams. This enables the CarouTeam to achieve our mission - To inspire every person in the world to start selling & buying to make more possible for one another.
We’re looking for a warm, friendly and energetic People Experience Senior Associate to be part of the People Experience team to create fun, meaningful and memorable moments. This role is integral to supporting our employees and aids in fostering a proactive, mission first, high-performing culture. You will be working closely with our People Experience Manager, org development and business partnering teammates to bring empathy, fun and insights to our workplace, creating an inclusive and conducive environment for our employees to thrive in.
Some of the people initiatives that Carousell is known for include Carousell101 (our onboarding programme for new joiners) and Wellness Wednesdays (our wellness programme where we set aside at least one Wednesday a month for our wellbeing), to name a few, and we’re looking for the ideal candidate to partner and dream up more winning possibilities!
- Instill our Vision, Mission and Values in every program and interaction we have
- Develop strong relationships with coworkers across functions and teams to have a good pulse of the company and partner our respective business partners to build or enhance employee engagement, boost bonding within teams and improve collaboration across teams
- Lead and facilitate our onboarding programme, Carousell101
- Support the roll-out of internal events and programmes
- Support Singapore office operations
- Keep Singapore team aware/informed of any facilities issues/policies that may impact them
- Keep abreast of local regulations and company policies and ensure compliance in Safe Management Measures at the workplace
- Partner Workplace Experience Associate to decorate office during festive occasions
- Play a key role in culture-building/assimilation, support internal campaigns and activities to bring core values to life
You are / have
- A service-oriented / hospitality mindset
- 2-3 years experience in Hospitality / Community Management / Events Management / Service / HR
- Exceptional organizational skills; extreme orientation to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graceful under pressure and deadlines; able to manage multiple projects at once
- Gregarious and approachable personality that works easily with internal and external partners
- Resourceful, proactive, positive, 'can do' attitude; no job is too big or too small
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a small, fast-paced team