Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
The Director of Customer Experience (CX) is an innovative, operationally-minded strategic leader, who will be responsible for ensuring a best in class customer service experience for the Glossier community and that the customer’s voice is represented across our organization. This person will be responsible for developing creative CX strategies and formats and redefining what CX means at Glossier. The Director of CX will scale our community-driven CX team, ensuring we have the strategy, operations, and resources to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. This role requires a balance of strategic thinking, hands on leadership capabilities, and tactical problem solving to create a great experience for our customers and CX team. The role will report to our VP of Operations.
6 Month Expectations
- Ensure consistency in our brand voice in every interaction with our customers across all of our support channels and innovate to develop new CX formats that involve our community and peer-to-peer interactions
- Develop a deep understanding of operations within the CX team and how they interact with key stakeholders.
- Develop strong partnership with NexRep, our 3rd party Customer Service vendor, who acts as the first line of defense with our customers
- Develop and implement scalable systems to build a community-driven CX team, finding innovative way to improve the performance of our team
- Create best-in-class CX operations by analyzing productivity, quality and ROI metrics to ensure customer-centric and efficient CX growth
- Coach and mentor senior CX talent across several functions, including frontline, training, operations and strategy
12+ Month Expectations
- Work with the VP of Operations to develop the long-term CX strategy, which focuses on driving loyalty, engagement and conversion
- Proactively act as a champion for the customer in cross-functional initiatives
- Work cross-functionally and with inside and outside partners to develop the technologies required to support our community-driven CX model
- Innovate to develop new CX formats that involve our community and peer-to-peer interactions
- Own the strategic growth of our global CX team as we enter new markets
- Be a thought strategic thought leader for the company for how CX is impacted and can be leveraged for realizing company’s five year growth goals
- Develop a long term strategy for how Glossier CX remains best in class for our Editors and our customers for years to come.
- 8+ years of high performance work in a related field, consulting or corporate strategy
- Experience managing a large team (10+ individuals is ideal)
- Strong strategy and analytics skills
- Experience with Retail, eCommerce and/or DTC companies a plus
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Drive to find and improve inefficiencies
- Appreciation for all things beauty
- Experience in a rapidly scaling start-up
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.