Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is giving voice through beauty as a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
We are hiring an Endpoint Administrator to take over ownership, management, and continuous improvement of our enterprise endpoints, including laptops, iPads and mobile devices. In this position you’ll be charged with system ownership, patch management, device deployment, configuration management, and overall security of endpoints. You’ll also be involved in product evaluation and selection, work independently to optimize endpoints, and work cross-functionally with other teams at Glossier to ensure their hardware is properly managed.
We’re seeking someone with proven experience managing hybrid Mac/PC environments. The ideal candidate will be someone who is capable of analyzing and implementing best practices, who has experience with one or more scripting languages, and who has familiarity with automation tools to simplify software deployments.
6 Month Expectations
- Evaluate options and implement an asset management system.
- Conduct an audit of our current endpoints to build a comprehensive database of hardware in an asset management system.
- Evaluate current Mac management software (JAMF) settings for security and functionality improvements.
- Evaluate options and implement a small-scale PC management system.
- Plan and implement iPad management strategy for our retail point-of-sale iPads (which could number in the thousands)
- Work with the Security & Engineering team to improve patch management and general security posture of all endpoints
12+ Month Expectations
- Develop and implement consistent naming convention for all endpoints (including renaming current endpoints)
- Partner with the Security team to evaluate and implement a new EDR solution.
- Refine asset management system to scale to thousands of devices.
- Document configuration of critical policies and configurations.
- Facilitate cross-training within the Tech Ops team on endpoint management systems.
Our Critical Endpoint Hardware and Systems
While you don’t need to be an expert in all of these, familiarity is a plus and the more of these you’ve worked with, the easier your entry will be.
- JAMF Pro
- MacOS laptops
- Windows 10 PCs (Microsoft Surface and Dell)
- Mobile Devices (iPhone and Android)
- Apple Business Manager / DEP
- Carbon Black
- Google Workspace (GSuite)
- Have 3+ years hands on management of Mac and Windows endpoint management systems.
- Deep knowledge and experience using JAMF Pro for Mac Management
- Experience with Windows PC Endpoint Management Systems
- Ability to write and implement scripted solutions for endpoints as needed (Python, Bash, Powershell, .Net, etc.)
- Experience deploying and maintaining OS X, MacOS, iOS, Windows 10, and Android.
- Excellent customer service skills for user and stakeholder interaction
- Experience working in small, agile, results-driven teams where everyone is a contributor.
- Curious and self-motivated with an innate desire to fix and optimize systems.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Knowledge of system certificate management and deployment
- Ability to package and deploy applications
- Experience deploying or managing “OneLogin Desktop” a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.