productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter – products that not only solve real-world problems, but also delight the user. To help us with this mission, we’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our expanding Growth team.
As a Product Design Manager, you will lead and mentor a team of talented Product Designers, providing direction and guidance on their design and research work. You'll champion the design craft, and nurture a culture of data-informed decision-making and experimentation. You'll also look after your team’s career development and wellbeing.
You'll be part of a team helping our customers and prospects to understand and realize the value that Productboard offers – whether it's through improving product landing pages, a seamless onboarding experience, or by eliminating usability friction in the first moments in the app. You'll actively participate in identifying the most impactful opportunities for improvement through user research and analytics. You'll lead product design on acquisition, activation, and retention initiatives aimed at helping customers create habits of product excellence, and successfully grow Productboard adoption within their organizations.
This role is remote with a strong bias toward 5+ hours of overlap with Pacific Time. Your collaborators are currently located in San Francisco and Vancouver BC. We'll figure out how to get back to offices in 2021.
Let’s design products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will …
- Lead a team of Product Designers, providing directional feedback on design solutions while fostering creative problem framing and ideation
- Define and promote best practices in the growth design process, and facilitate team ceremonies such as design critiques or stakeholder reviews
- Build partnerships with members of Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Analytics teams, and participate closely in the co-creation of a long-term vision and strategic roadmap for Growth
- Develop effective strategies and plans, and allocate resources for executing the vision
- Work closely with Design and Product leadership across the company to ensure a cohesive user experience across multiple customer journey touch-points
- Grow and develop your team, cultivating their skills and careers
- Collaborate daily with distributed teams in US and Europe
- Proven track record of shipping impactful product enhancements and leading designers
- Experience in turning complex ideas and flows into user-centered, intuitive, and beautifully executed solutions that delight customers and move metrics
- Deep understanding of the product design process, with bias towards rapid experimentation
- Solid organization and planning skills, and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and alliance-building skills
- Combine quantitative and qualitative data to form actionable insights
- Open to feedback and new ideas, personal improvement, always raising the bar
- 5+ years of Product Design experience, 2+ years managing designers
Bonus points for:
- Experience from a B2B SaaS organization with a mature product and design practice
- Knowledge of applied psychology; i.e. emotional and persuasive design principles
- Understanding of product management fundamentals
- UX writing and creative copywriting skills
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic post Covid!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.