Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
The Creative team is looking for a Design Director to build innovative brand experiences, and support the ongoing evolution of the Glossier brand.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative, proactive, and details-obsessed design leader with solid design, typography and branding skills; someone that is eager to take on challenges, introduce fresh ideas, and implement new approaches, grow, test and learn.
The Design Director will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive understanding of company strategy, customer needs, and brand goals, keeping the brand moving forward and working collaboratively with partners across Creative, Marketing, Digital Product, and Retail teams.
They will work independently, and also manage and inspire others to deliver across multiple touch points including branding, campaigns, print collateral.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a wide range of work -- from Glossier’s brand voice, art direction, product and packaging design, to retail and experiential concepts, and also production of all those deliverables. Our approach is inclusive, discerning, and above all personal (human?).
This role will report into our Associate Creative Director, Design.
Six Month Expectations
- Develop "worlds" and identities for physical brand experiences, generating original concepts with a fresh visual approach to design and materials
- Partner with Art Directors to develop and execute on campaigns
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing, Art Director, and Production to concept, layout and execute out of home and brand awareness campaigns
- Ensure that Glossier's established look-and-feel and voice is successfully implemented across all print collateral by overseeing design and development of all pieces
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Constantly maintains and enforces brand guidelines (typography, materials, color palettes) for general Glossier and product collections across all touch points, updating and refining as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, etc.
- Partner with Tech leads to ensure brand is consistent across full customer journey
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to oversee brand look and feel throughout all channels (i.e., Always On videos, Social, etc)
- Work closely within the Creative team: partnering with art directors, copywriters, producers, and managing designers across multiple focuses, providing direction and inspiration
- Inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted the the customer
- 10+ years professional design experience, with print and brand development background, preferably in beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- 3+ years in people management, with proven ability to build, mentor, and motivate teams
- Strategic and thoughtful in their approach to design and branding
- Great communication and storytelling skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project management and organization skills