Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
We are looking for a driven, organized and experienced Planning Manager who is inspired by a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to build and scale strong foundations for future growth. The Planning Manager is primarily responsible for analyzing, identifying and communicating sales and inventory opportunities and providing risk-mitigation recommendations. In addition, the Planning Manager will be expected to meaningfully contribute to broader strategic and resource planning conversations across the company. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment is key.
Six Month Expectations
- Lead implementation and model building for the Planning system
- Manage global category & sku level demand and inventory forecasting to support growth strategy, constantly striving to improve forecast accuracy while minimizing risk of stock outs and/or excess inventory
- Present category forecast to company leadership in monthly forecast review in collaboration with Sales & Finance
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to build and scale retail allocation processes
- Become familiar with Glossier’s brand, culture, values, and existing business processes
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Company wide SME on the Planning System, driving towards continued enhancement and future module development
- Establish best in class processes for global inventory optimization to maximize receipt flow efficiency and support expansion efforts
- Develop automated reports and tools to improve our ability to control inventory flows and versioning in a scalable way
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve forecasting & reporting processes and methodologies
- Initiate conversations with partners regarding potential risks or opportunities, and suggest changes to drive towards business success
- Contribute to Glossier’s success through sponsorship of positive partnerships with teams across the organization
- Passionate about Glosser’s mission and ready to embrace our values of being inclusive, devoted to the customer, curious, courageous, and discerning
- 4+ years experience in the D2C and/or retail space in Planning, Buying and/or Strategic Finance
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems; experience working with Anaplan a plus
- Enjoys the challenge of building new business models to support company wide initiatives from the ground up
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, modeling and critical thinking skills
- Prior experience as a manager preferred
- Strong and persuasive communication skills with the ability to create clarity while building and maintaining effective relationships