Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
The Product Marketing & Development team is responsible for driving brand growth through our physical product experience grounded in a digital-first, community-driven, DTC approach. This position will lead the Skin and Body categories reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing & Development, with the primary responsibility of building category and product-specific strategies to grow the Glossier brand globally.
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Define the strategy and 3-year product pipeline for the Skin & Body categories in conjunction with the Senior Director of Product Marketing & Development with a customer-first and brand lens
- Develop innovative, brand-right concepts/new product briefs for the Skin & Body categories focused on creative storytelling, and partner with PD and R&I to bring them to life
- Identify ways to refresh and ignite excitement around existing products
- Ideate, research, and develop compelling clinical studies in collaboration with PD and R&I
- Collaborate with creative to produce breakthrough new designs, artworks and packaging that meets the brand DNA
- Partner with PD and Sales to ensure the feasibility, sustainably and profitability of projects and on-time execution
- Collect and analyze emerging/future trends, sales trends, category shifts, market intelligence, competition, and consumer insights in partnership with CI
- Assist in presentation preparation for various senior management meetings; initiate and manage cross-functional meetings as needed on behalf of the Product Marketing team
- Partner with brand marketing, creative, and sales on go to market plan as the voice of the product to ensure successful execution against product goals
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Track and follow-up on forward-looking category and product activation calendars, working cross-functionally to support strategic priorities to grow the core business globally
- Support our community-driven listening approach
- Champion and drive how we educate and build relationships with our customers and community
- Standardize Product Development briefs and key marketing inputs into development process, e.g., consumer / community insights, claims that matter, conceptual copy, product overviews
- Contribute to building a long-term innovation pipeline with key strategic partners, leveraging consumer insights, community feedback, CRM data, and industry / societal / technical trends
The Ideal Candidate...
- Aspiring and experienced Product Marketer who is agile and believes there are always better ways to do things and isn’t afraid to take initiative.
- 5-6 years of experience in the skincare industry.
- A self starter who is able to work autonomously to complete projects and assignments as well as work cross-functionally to achieve short and long-term brand objectives. Responsible, accountable, organized, and have the ability and potential to assume increased responsibility in handling a multitude of detail-oriented projects at one time.
- Always willing to learn; interested in trials, experiments, and trying out different approaches.
- Plays well with others and is able to influence without direct oversight: this role will need to work closely and in partnership with Product Development, Brand Marketing, Sales, Creative, CX, Community, among others, and requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic and analytical; data and hypothesis driven. Able to understand that we’re looking at the forest, but also which trees are important. Scrappy when they need to be.
- Calm in the face of chaos, direction changes, and unexpected curveballs.
- Comfortable with uncertainty, and likes to put order and structure around it.
- Strategic and thoughtful in their approach to concepts and product launches
- Proactive in reaching out to cross functional team members to problem solve and keep projects moving forward
- Motivated and ambitious
- Comfortable navigating Microsoft Suite
- Has the ability to multi task and take on multiple projects
- Not precious about their work and takes feedback well
- Has a unique perspective on beauty and storytelling around products
- Brings a positive attitude to the team
- Passionate about the work they do here
- 5+ years experience working in marketing and/or development in the beauty industry (not required)
- Great communication skills both verbal and written