Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
We’re hiring a Site Reliability Engineer for our Tech team. You’ll join a small but mighty SRE team on a mission to make glossier.com’s infrastructure fast, reliable, and efficient.
The SRE team is responsible for Glossier’s infrastructure with a focus on resiliency, capacity planning, and security.
On a given day, you may:
- Pair with engineers and review code to ensure a service degrades gracefully during expected failure modes
- Build tooling to keep our deployment pipeline fast and reliable
- Improve our infrastructure-as-code practices (using AWS CDK) to make it easier for engineers to launch well-architected services
- Run load testing to ensure services meet our performance and capacity expectations
- Facilitate a blameless learning review.
As an engineer on a distributed team, you’ll be a role model for inclusivity and mindful communication, as you look for ways to improve team efficacy and engender a positive culture.
6 Month Expectations:
- Contribute to major projects like next-gen deployment tooling so we can own our availability and lower our incident time-to-recovery. We’re particularly excited about AWS CDK, EventBridge, Lambda and DynamoDB.
- Guide other Tech teams as we migrate from a monolithic Rails app to a constellation of smaller services in a thoughtful, pragmatic way.
12 Month Expectations:
- Identify and ship impactful projects aligned with the team’s mission of accelerating the product development cycle while meeting ever higher site availability objectives.
- Find and fix capacity bottlenecks ahead of Black Friday, our biggest sales day.
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years designing and implementing production infrastructure on AWS
- Familiarity maintaining high-performance datastores (we use Postgres on RDS, Redis, and DynamoDB) preferred
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools and workflows (for example CloudFormation or Terraform) preferred
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.