Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Director, Business Intelligence Systems
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,500 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As the Director of BI, you will lead your teams by establishing and executing a vision for the delivery of information, analytics platforms, and solutions to the business’s key stakeholders, including, internal staff, partners and clients. This position will be ultimately responsible for ensuring Gong continues to operate as a company that truly differentiates and competes on information and analytics.
- You will be responsible for all strategic, tactical, operational, financial, human, and technical resource managerial responsibilities associated with the following BI and BI-related functional areas:
- Data preparation (sourcing, acquisition, integration)
- Data warehousing
- BI governance including data dictionary, report integrity, data quality and data audits
- Reporting, analytics, data exploration
- Information delivery (portals, mobile, dashboards)
- BI competency center or center of excellence (BICC or BI COE)
- Advanced / predictive analytics
- Management and governance of strategies, goals, objectives, metrics, KPIs/KPMs. Optionally, enterprise scorecards (Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, TQM, etc)
- GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of BI and data management
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Extensive expertise in software B2B business models, with specific functional expertise in Sales/GTM systems and teams
- Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Skills to manage complex BI projects and teams, and work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Extensive experience interacting with C-level executives with prepared data that is easily understood.
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling “slowly-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- Experience with relational – SQL – and multidimensional – MDX – query languages
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience with business driven / self-service BI
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
- A solid understanding of leading-edge technologies and best practices such as Hadoop, Big Data, ML, AI
- A solid understanding of mobile delivery architecture and best practices
- Experience with data science, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive algorithms
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment