Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Corporate FP&A is the financial hub of Amplitude's operations. We partner across the broader finance team to provide insightful and actionable analysis that empowers growth at all levels within Amplitude and brings clarity and focus to leadership and the board. Corporate FP&A manages our centralized financial processes including the preparation of our quarterly results and forecast, budgeting and strategic planning, and management and board reporting.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing Corporate FP&A team who can play a key role in helping manage our company’s operating model, forecasting, planning, and reporting. This is a great opportunity to join a new team at a fast-growing company. This is a critical position within the finance organization with direct contribution to highly visible outputs. You will be a good fit if you are rigorous in your attention to detail and thrive within the ebbs and flows of financial close cycles.
As a Senior Financial Analyst in Corporate FP&A, you will:
- Partner with finance business partners and accounting to ensure accurate and timely close.
- Be the primary FP&A business partner to our G&A teams.
- Own all aspects of workforce planning and expenses for Corporate FP&A.
- Contribute to the monthly close process and perform budget variance analysis of our financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow).
- Prepare quarterly reporting materials for our executive team and board.
- Help drive quarterly forecasts and annual planning.
- Be a key contributor to the corporate financial planning system (Anaplan).
- Conduct financial modeling and analysis to provide insightful and actionable information for our business.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or other relevant field.
- 4+ years of finance or related experience and at least 2+ years of corporate FP&A experience.
- Proficiency with accounting and corporate finance.
- Rigorous and detailed orientated with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness.
- Experience with ERP and corporate financial planning tools (NetSuite and Anaplan preferred).
- Advanced Office and Google application skills (Excel/Sheets, Word/Docs, PowerPoint/Slides) and proficiency with using different systems to retrieve and analyze data.
To stand out:
- Enterprise SaaS experience.
- Public company corporate FP&A experience.
- Experience with NetSuite and Anaplan.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build successful relationships and partner at all levels.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.