Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Content Marketing Leader
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
“Actually talk to your customers...
...Use the language that they use. Talk about the things they talk about. Never feed salad to a lion.” – Jay Acunzo
The objective? Build, grow and guide the team that will create, curate and promote authentic, technically substantive, and persona-appropriate content for strongDM. The how? That’s what you get to own :)
You are part discriminating editor, part curator of content from internal and external resources, and part evangelist who’s passionate about sharing and promoting our content to the right people in the right places.
Your leadership and ability to get prospect-facing content done right will make it possible for strongDM to inform, engage, and inspire DevOps and Security audiences through the topics they care about.
What You'll Do:
- Be our de facto Editor-in-chief, with a well informed point of view, for all content
- Curate prospect-facing content that inspires and engages future buyers and makes strongDM a DevOps household name
- Work with the technical experts across the company to create no BS, no spin, always clear, accurate, and accessible content for our target personas
- Collaborate with internal and external content creators to develop a deep and wide set of content across a variety of topics relevant to our buyers
- Lead by example, doing what’s needed to get the job done, and inspire colleagues to create content that’s consistent with the quality of our product
- Ensure our content is easily found by and visible to the right people, working with your colleagues to share and promote our content appropriately for our audience
- Actively build, coach, mentor, and manage a large, high-performing team
- 7+ years of experience with a proven track record in multichannel content creation
- Influential thinker and impeccable communicator of ideas
- Start-up mentality and the ability to collaborate across the company, with the expertise of a seasoned media leader
- Proven track record in developing a content machine and delivering success via organic content on digital and social platforms
- Skilled at long-form content creation and real-time (live) content creation and distribution tactics
- Deep understanding of digital and social media metrics with a penchant for trends and technology
- Increase in new net website and social media traffic growth
- Increase in trial and demo signups
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required