Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
San Francisco, CA, US
Aurora works at the intersection of rigorous engineering and applied machine learning to address one of the most challenging, important, and interesting opportunities of our generation: transforming the way people and goods move.
Founded by three of the world’s leaders of the self-driving vehicle industry, we design the software and hardware that will power the next revolution in transportation. We partner with others as this allows us to move more quickly, with more far-reaching impact.
Aurora hires people who want to build the future of transportation. We are searching for a Technical Program Manager (TPM). In this role, we expect that you will move fluidly from the big picture to details to deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects. You are a bridge and a connector for the company; you keep vectors aligned and icebergs avoided. As a TPM, you develop an intuitive feel for what matters and what does not. You work with leadership to establish roadmaps and are structured and decisive in aligning the team around the highest priorities. Your program schedules and execution plans guide the activities of the development teams; as such, you understand how to most efficiently leverage their individual expertise and make difficult tradeoffs between multiple programs and objectives. You work with both internal customers and external business partners to align roadmaps and deliver tightly-coordinated programs. This collaboration includes managing project schedules, identifying risks, and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects will span offices and time zones, and it's your job to keep the team coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Interface with Simulation leads and engineers, other autonomy/testing teams, vehicle operations stakeholders, and triage specialists on technical matters to ensure Testing work is aligning to broader organizational development.
- Set testing tool creation release targets and scope; align simulation production operations to new tooling availability and overall organizational objectives.
- Manage complex projects at a large scale, spanning many functional teams and cross-functional initiatives.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities, and drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be effective.
- Support technical and strategic planning, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a software-focused Technical Program Manager or Engineering Manager, or Engineer in an autonomous systems, robotics, or software development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of groundbreaking product(s).
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers.
- Strong experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, computer science, and software development lifecycle.
Working at Aurora
- Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to mobility, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next-generation experiences in transportation.
- We're a growing team of incredibly smart and fun people you'll enjoy being around!
More about Aurora
Aurora has assembled one of the most experienced teams in the space to build the next generation of self-driving vehicle technology and deliver the benefits of self-driving quickly and safely around the world. We are partnered with some of the largest automakers on the planet and funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Greylock and Index Ventures.