Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Data Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to be the technical leader of our growing Analytics team. You’ll be responsible for all things data: building out our streaming ETL, cleaning and anonymizing data that’s being generated from various sources, designing the data warehouse schema, and so on.
We’ll expect you to have an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems and data flows. Combined with an understanding of business intelligence and performance requirements, you’ll breathe life into Attentive data and help make it an invaluable part of the platform and business. If you are a self-starter, excited about building a culture around data-driven decisions, motivated by making an impact, and pushing the boundaries of your knowledge, you will excel here and do great things!
You at Attentive:
- Design, implement, and maintain an ever-growing ETL pipeline using state-of-the-art technology
- Lead the burgeoning data engineering team
- Establish best practices and standards for managing large collections of data
- Discover and integrate with new data sources
- Work closely with data analysts and data scientists, enabling them to provide insight into key performance metrics of the business
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing a data warehouse, Snowflake preferred
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining a high-throughput and low-latency ETL pipeline
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Experience with big data tools such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, or Amazon EMR
- Strong data-modeling skills. Good understanding and experience in building star schema and denormalized data structures.
- Experience with SQL (MySQL or Postgres preferred), ETL, Python
- Successfully implemented data applications and pipelines in the public cloud, especially Amazon Web Services
Product Development at Attentive:
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis. Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our data backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with Spark, Kinesis, AirFlow, Snowflake, and Postgres, all hosted on AWS.
- Our team is 200+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.