Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Sales Compensation Manager
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a motivated Manager of Sales Compensation who will be leading our efforts to standardize, scale and improve our go to market compensation methodology. This role will be our first dedicated compensation hire, and will be charged with building the infrastructure on which we can leverage compensation and a strategic lever as we grow. This person has a critical mix of being deeply analytical, having strong project management skills, and experience automating commission calculations in a prior role.
You’ll report to our VP of GTM Operations.
- Lead the management and development of all incentive compensation plans, including sales incentive plans, commission plans, management incentive plans and additional bonus incentives for the go to market organization.
- Partner with Finance & FP&A team to build compensation models that contemplate costing scenarios, variable compensation budgets, variances to budget
- Partner with our HR team in all areas of incentive compensation including market analysis, administration, policies and regulatory compliance.
- Work with the management, Legal and HR business partners to design & administer incentive compensation programs for the GTM organization.
- Evaluate sales programs through research, surveys, and analysis of trends to ensure plans are competitive and current and align to go to market strategy.
- Develop a rigorous analytical framework and cadence through which we can evaluate successes and learnings of our compensation model and present to senior leadership.
- Ensure the administration of various incentive compensation plans are in compliance with established guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Develop and lead our compensation operating cadence including annual planning cycle, compensation exception handling, and evolving policy development.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years compensation program experience
- Strong experience with sales, commission and incentive plan development is required
- Experience with automation tools and turning manual → automated.
- Strong analytical skills, business modeling and presentation capabilities.
- Strong sense for sequencing, prioritization and project management
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS environment where you build a compensation methodology
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.