Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Manager, Deal Desk
New York City, NY, US
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an ambitious Manager, Deal Desk to lead our efforts to standardize, scale and improve our go to market deal desk methodology. This position will play a key role in enabling strategic go to market opportunities and provide critical support to the global sales organization that will drive the establishment of strategic pricing structures, customer-facing ROI models/presentations, and implementation of more robust technology and controls as we continue to grow and scale.
You’ll report to our VP of GTM Operations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Attentive’s pricing models to provide deal structuring and quoting support to our global sales teams
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, and revenue policies for ad hoc troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations
- Lead the selection, implementation, launching and ongoing enablement of a CPQ system
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint and enforcement of standard business practices and policies.
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring sophisticated deals, driving cross-functional and cross solution teamwork and ensure revenue recognition requirements are handled
- Continue to advance and evolve our bookings policy in alignment with revenue recognition practices.
- Partner closely with our Controller and Technical Accounting team to ensure achieving our compliance objectives.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of software industry experience, (Deal Desk, Finance, Sales Operations experience preferred)
- Managed a team of 2-3 analysts
- Strong eye for business and proven track record in commercial negotiations
- Solid understanding of software revenue recognition principles
- Experience in cradle to grave ownership of CPQ process and technologies
- Strong analytical skills, business modeling and presentation capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills – verbal and written
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.