Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director, Financial Systems
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a highly motivated Financial System Director to join our growing finance team. The candidate will report to the Global Controller and be responsible for supporting all Finance business systems. The candidate will be responsible for driving the implementation and management of world-class systems to support our core Finance business processes. This role will work cross-functionally across our core business areas including Sales, Customer Support, and Engineering team to ensure alignment on business priorities, developing a roadmap for systems and business process improvement, and managing the design, build, testing, and deployment of systems to ensure accurate Finance data structure, flows and controls.
- Act as the principal administrator for any technology related issues for Finance as well as NetSuite, Salesforce, and other applications used to support financial processes
- Work with Engineering and Finance teams to review and understand business needs and recommend process improvement to address these needs
- Critically evaluate the business need for system enhancements and effectively manage the prioritization and approval of proposed projects considering the overall impact on the business
- Work with the business to appropriately justify the need for IT enhancements or new applications that will increase productivity, improve the financial ERP functions, and achieve the goals of the Finance department as it relates to system capabilities and cost
- Champion financial initiatives to improve and enhance effective and efficient systems and processes
- Act as liaison between the business, IT, consultants, and NetSuite implementation team
- Provide expertise within business processes, systems integrations, and organizational impact
- Clearly communicate implications and pros and cons of various system solutions to the working team as well as the business
- On an ongoing basis, partner with business leaders to design and make recommendations to how NetSuite will integrate as part of a broader digital transformation environment
- Ability to work independently and manage hard deadlines in a fast-paced start up environment
- 10+ years’ NetSuite and Salesforce implementation, administration, integrations, configuration, report development, and usage-based billing models
- 10+ years’ experience supporting financial applications
- 10+ years’ defining, scoping, scaling, and managing technology initiatives from a financial perspective
- 10+ years’ leveraging technology to improve financial processes
- 10+ years in Project Management
- 5+ years of experience managing teams and major strategic projects within a large corporation
- Familiarity with Lead-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, and Finance business processes
- Strong vendor management skills and experience managing 3rd party system implementation teams
- Excellent command of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
- Solid understanding of Data Structure, Controls, End-to-End Flow, and
- Expertise in Financial Statement and Business Planning process
- NetSuite/Salesforce admin certification preferred
- Expertise in middleware/Integration Platform as a Service platforms (e.g. Boomi, MuleSoft, etc.) preferred
- Excellent leadership, critical thinking, systems and business background, and communications skills are critical for this strategic and complex role.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.