Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
We are building a finance dream, and on the hunt for a motivated, meticulous, and analytical FP&A Manager to play a key role in the Finance dept. We are experiencing rapid growth, and this senior position will work with the Director of FP&A and Finance & Strategy to enhance and build the Budgeting, Analysis, and Reporting function of Noom. This role will be dedicated to helping Noom stakeholders make well-informed decisions based on Company financial analysis and performance.
More specifically, the FP&A Manager, Margin Strategy will lead the resource planning, forecast, and analysis to support the service delivery for Noom’s existing and future products as well as become the subject matter expert on a series of critical business health KPIs, serving as the main finance partner for the Coach, Support, and Business Operations teams.
What You’ll be doing
- Support strategic business decision-making through financial modeling and analysis for the Coach and Support teams and other costs of sale, including cross-functional ad hoc modeling and analysis to support end-to-end product planning for new business models, competitive landscape, and long-term, steady-state profitability strategies
- Maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances
- Design and create weekly, monthly, and quarterly dashboards to help monitor and identify key business trends
- Enhance and maintain key profitability KPIs (ie: Channel costs, Noom’s service delivery metrics, IT Consumption, etc), identify and drive cross-functional cost efficiencies including resource optimization, engineering optimization, and efficient consumption of AWS resources in order to achieve business and company profitability goals
- Constantly improve accuracy by understanding the underlying business drivers
- Update assumptions with inputs from operational business improvements
- Assist with the implementation of a budgeting process (framework) for Coach and Support teams
- For internal stakeholders, share variance reporting (budget vs actuals) and analysis
- Provide inputs for Board, Lenders, and Investors materials, including summary outputs, budget vs. actuals, and reporting packages
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field (MBA preferred)
- Five or more years of experience in financial planning & analysis, management consulting, or public and managerial accounting
- Two or more years in-house at an operating business (aka operational FP&A experience) directly supporting resource planning for new services (highly preferred)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite, Looker, and Adaptive Insights is ideal (FP&A software)
- Experience in Subscription/Recurring Revenue (SaaS/B2C is a plus)
- Have a rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize
- Work well under pressure
- Take your job seriously; but don’t take yourself too seriously
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities and challenges)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office - meet Chef Sam! - meal budgets while working remotely due to the current pandemic )
- Immense learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, with reimbursements for books and courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.