Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
As a Packaging Engineer on Glossier’s Product Development team, you will lead execution of our stellar packaging components in support of our company’s growing product portfolio, ongoing innovation and attention to manufacturing quality. You will work closely with external vendors and internal teams - Product Development, Design, Project Management, Sourcing and Quality - to ensure we’re bringing the best customer experiences to life. This position requires a self-motivated professional who is strong in understanding and communicating design direction, while keeping supply chain and manufacturing impacts top of mind.
Six Month Expectations
- Utilize Glossier’s PLM System (Specright) to create component codes and bill of materials for various products.
- Assist Creative team on artwork creation, such as, providing component codes, dielines, UPCs, and etc.
- Responsible for artwork and proof approvals between internal teams and suppliers.
- Support Commercialization Packaging team such as updating sample matrices, FMEA development, test plan development, etc.
- Communicate with packaging suppliers and contract manufacturers on project status updates.
- Coordinate sample, standard, and range board approval between internal cross functional teams, suppliers, and contract manufacturers
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Lead packaging development for Color Sampling category and Reform programs
- Drive new packaging development by delivering on creative design vision and presenting new concepts, technologies and delivery systems across the organization.
- Manage projects to ensure launch timing, testing, product quality, and design integrity are on time and within agreed upon cost objectives.
- Provide comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency.
- Cross-functionally manage projects across multiple internal and external teams, ensuring collaborative and optimized solutions.
- Maintain pulse of industry trends, new technologies and new product packaging.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging/Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in package development.
- Concentrated experience in prestige beauty industry with proven development experience in color, fragrance, skin-care categories.
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Comprehensive knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.