Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
- Partner deeply with UX/UI Experience technical leads and engineers to ensure technical work is aligning to broader organizational development.
- Partner with product and design stakeholder to scope products and gather requirements.
- Assess requirements for software systems, facilitate selection of the best options, and coordinate the team to successfully evolve tools and operational processes to achieve them.
- Manage complex projects at a large scale, spanning many functional teams and cross-functional initiatives.
- Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders, and engage and energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities, and drive results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose technical alternatives when necessary; ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be effective.
- Support technical and strategic planning, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for initiatives, and developing those into detailed program / project plans (including road maps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a software-focused Technical Program Manager.
- Experience working with both engineering and product requirements
- Experience working with UX/UI designers to understand design requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or a related area, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability preferred.
- Direct, measurable impact through the design, development and launch of user facing products.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers.
- Strong experience in project management; practical familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and ability to apply them where best suited.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, computer science, and software development life-cycle.