Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Our vision is for a world where selling and buying secondhand is a natural first choice for everyone. The Seller Experience team sits at the core of our vision, constantly thinking how we might inspire more people to sell their under-utilised items, and how we might encourage existing sellers to sell more. As we are a 2-sided horizontal marketplace, the team often needs to be mindful of any implications on the buyer experience, which will in turn affect seller success. At the same time, the team balances between solving specific problems in focus categories and generalising solutions across categories to create a coherent product experience.
About the role
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our Seller Experience team in Singapore to take on these complex design challenges. Apart from leading research and design along the sell flow (including Chat and Make Offer), this role will also mentor other designers working in related teams, i.e. Paying Sellers and Vertical Sellers, to shape a coherent seller experience across the product.
- Conduct research proactively and provide user insights to inform product decisions
- Prototype and iterate concepts in a cost-effective manner to learn what users need
- Conduct user testing to ensure ease of use in your design solutions
- Design solutions for iOS, Android and Web apps, based on Carousell’s design system
- Work closely with engineers to support implementation
- Lead the vision for your product area, in collaboration with your team
- Encourage collaboration among designers and actively drive cross-team synergies
- Coach junior designers
- 8+ years of experience in product design
- Portfolio showcasing projects in user interface and user experience design
- Experience in designing for iOS, Android and/or Web apps
- Familiarity with the respective guidelines and standards
- Familiarity with design tools (we use Figma)
- Familiarity with prototyping tools
- Familiarity with user research and user testing methodologies
- Curiosity, having a keen interest in people and their needs
- Passion, for building beautiful and easy-to-use user experiences
- Attention to design details
- Communication skills, for explaining your design process and rationale
- A Carousell account—because immersion is a great way to gain empathy!