Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have a market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that powers the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell.
We are now looking for Senior Frontend Engineers to join our Engineering Team based in India.
- Build new and key features for the Carousell web platform by working closely with the product and design teams.
- Analyze and optimize performance and reliability of the web app.
- Build a high performance dynamic web application with technologies such as React, Flux, Webpack, ES6, Node.js, etc.
- Take full ownership of projects from design (collaborate with the design team) to implementation and deployment.
- At least 5 years of working experience in front-end development
- Familiarity with all aspects of MVC web applications (especially those built on Django/Flask)
- Proven ability to ship beautiful, stable and high-performance desktop and mobile web applications from start to finish
- Experience with automated testing framework
- Strong Computer Science background