productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
Are you an experienced engineering leader who's not afraid to take upon a great challenge? Do you have previous experience building complex B2B SaaS products?
Then why not join our mission of building a one-of-a-kind product management system that is already used by 3000+ global companies!
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to help us build a new development center in Vancouver. You will have a chance to help us create a foundation for our teams in Canada and select the very best people for your team as well as setting up an effective collaboration with San Francisco and Prague.
On a typical day, you will …
- Ensure goals and objectives for the team are clearly defined and engineers can participate in the product discovery phase
- Coach and mentor your engineers, showing them the next steps in their careers
- Together with the CTO, Director, and other EMs you will discuss, define and implement processes to support a growing team (feedback, growth, team organization, delivery process)
- Maintain a healthy, collaborative culture in line with the company values as we navigate through hyper-growth
- Be actively involved in hiring engineers for your team, making sure it’s well-staffed
- Personally being the strongest engineer in the team is not your end goal, your main focus is to have a multiplying effect on the team's output
- Get a better idea of our vision of the role, read the “Role of Management” in the article about Empowered Product Teams from Marty Cagan
We’re looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- A strong technical background, ideally building complex B2B SaaS products
- An experience with product-led growth is preferable
- An experience with A/B testing
- A proven track record of substantially impacting the development of complex or fast-growing systems
- Understanding DevOps as culture not as a role
- Proven track record leading development in product team
- The ability to align people behind a common goal. You can explain and materialize the objectives of the team
- You are direct but careful with feedback, both given and received. We embrace the approach of Radical Candor
- Fluency in English — our team consists of 28+ nationalities.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.