Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Mountain View, CA, US
Seattle, WA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. We are looking for a Learning & Development Coordinator who will be responsible for managing a high volume of tasks, various logistics and scheduling needs for People Development events, Aurora Academy, and programs execution. This role builds positive relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, and other partners to manage operational details, and as part of the People Development &P team, provides feedback and insights that help inform broader initiatives.
- Comprehensively and independently handles all scheduling, logistics, and coordination throughout the Learning & Program Development lifecycle, including process documentation and communication.
- Diligently creates and maintains systems, processes, and architecture for POps Learning Management System (LMS) usage, PD&P calendar and Slack channels.
- Consistently demonstrates executional excellence through administrative, scheduling, and logistical tasks for programs in partnership with other program leads.
- Accurately compiles, analyzes, and shares data-driven insights through surveys, assessments, and other reporting, with attention to data efficacy.
- Effectively partners with internal and external vendors to facilitate contracts, expenditures, record-keeping, and other administration in a timely manner.
- Administrative and other requests (i.e. expense reports, month-end reports, budgeting)
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets with ability to work with and pull in data from multiple sources and build complex workbooks for survey analysis and assessments.
- Effectively prioritizes and completes tasks with great attention to detail in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frame
- Demonstrates the ability to work with minimal supervision, adapt to change, respond to various shifts in priorities and schedules, and modify methods or strategies to fit changing circumstances.
- Tactfully handles difficult or sensitive issues with an eye toward cross-cultural awareness and understanding.
- Demonstrates commitment to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Builds relationships, leverages networks, and collaborates with key people of influence across the organization.
- Adheres to procedures and protocols with a high level of organization and rigor.
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with team values and mission.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds regularly and to set up classrooms for training, venues for programs and other events.
- BA/BS degree or high school diploma/GED with equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Basic familiarity with and passion for Learning and/or Organization Development.
- Direct experience within L&D, Training, Talent Management, or related HR experience.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.