Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique, innovative, and engaging digital and offline experiences to fuel our growth. We build products inspired by our community, and we are reimagining the beauty shopping experience with a people-first approach to discovery, both online and offline. We are looking to hire a Senior Manager, Product Design, to drive the conception and creation of innovative new digital products & experiences.
In this role, you will lead a team of Product/UX designers and be a thought leader for digital product design & user experience throughout Glossier. You will be responsible for building an outstanding design practice with a high bar for visual and interaction/experience design. As the Design leader within the Technology organization, you will partner with your cross-functional peers across product management, research, creative, data and engineering to influence product strategy and lead your team in executing design work that meets both customer needs and business goals. You'll provide mentorship and champion the craft and career development of your team, while creating a safe haven so designers can accomplish their best work.
- 8+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, including 2+ years in people management
- A diverse portfolio of work personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team that demonstrates cutting-edge digital work showcasing visual and interaction design complexity, a deep understanding of customer needs and unique approaches to problem solving
- Experience managing product designers with the ability to build, mentor, and motivate teams
- Experience synthesizing company-level goals to help teams across multiple products to create remarkable customer experiences
- Experience building new products with innovative design & aesthetics, setting strategy, and driving execution
- Strong systems thinking, and the ability to understand complex feature and marketplace dynamics
- Experience leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, and responsive/mobile web
- Strong communication and storytelling skills, experienced influencer, and advocate for the customer
- Have the ability to be flexible and manage priorities in a high-productivity environment with tight deadlines
- Experience recruiting and hiring top talent, as well as cultivating talent and growing diverse teams
- Have a passion for thoughtful and creative design
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Cognitive Science, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, similar field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.