Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier's mission is to give voice through beauty. We are a direct-to-consumer company that leverages the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation on the internet. We do this by building products, growing our community, and making decisions in inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, and discerning ways.
At Glossier, we are establishing a team of talented engineers to build game-changing software for beauty commerce & community experiences online. We’re hiring talented and experienced engineers to join our growing and collaborative team to build the future of beauty e-commerce. Given our high growth, we have openings across various Engineering teams at Glossier including our Ordering Experience, Discovery, and Operations Systems teams.
We are looking for Software Engineers to build scalable and performant applications using engineering best practices. As a team member, you bring an appetite for learning new technical and non-technical skills. You will closely work with your senior engineers, managers, product, design, and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will actively contribute to the engineering and operational excellence across Glossier. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices.
6 Month Expectations:
- Become proficient in our environment and learn how our systems work together to support our public website
- Contribute to migration of services from a monolithic architecture to microservices-based architecture
- Collaborate with senior engineers on our services roadmap
12+ Month Expectations:
- Work on building APIs and tools to further improve our developer experience
- Actively contribute to operational excellence and scaling tasks of the team
- Take ownership and/or support one or more components of a service owned by the team
- Train and onboard new team members into the team
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing or internal applications in an agile environment
- Experience working in distributed systems with a cloud service-oriented architecture
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, quick learner, and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- E-commerce experience is preferred
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.