Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Amplitude is seeking its first Legal Operations Specialist to provide experience and organization to support the legal department as it scales up its contract management systems and general processes in a fast-paced startup environment. You will liaise with stakeholders from across the company and be responsible for contributing to a successful management program that are responsive to the business needs of the organization while managing risk and adhering to company policies for a growing start up. You will also be responsible for assisting with the managing databases building and owning processes. The successful candidate will be comfortable managing numerous contracts at one time while remaining responsive to internal clients and managing expectations effectively.
As a Legal Operations Specialist, you will:
- Create and refine processes and procedures to improve the efficiency and scalability across the entire Legal team (e.g. commercial, product, privacy, corporate)
- Develop new contracts and processes in collaboration with business stakeholders to improve contract life-cycle
- Be the primary point of contact to the organization to answer questions related legal processes
- Input and maintain executed agreements within multiple contracts management and filing systems (e.g. Ironclad and Salesforce)
- Help the Legal team run more efficiently
- Provide support for other strategic and cross-functional projects
- Present solutions-oriented advice to leadership
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of legal operations or paralegal experience and will be able to offer sound judgment on key decisions in developing the legal operations function
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision while exercising initiative, flexibility, and good judgment with a desire to identify needs, improve and streamline processes
- Willingness to do hands on work, ability to handle uncertainty and ability to help further define the function as it relates to a changing environment
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills enabling production of quality results
- A proactive, collaborative and flexible mindset is essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Ironclad
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.