Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Our Security team is growing quickly and you will be a key leader on the team. You will get to design and build a comprehensive Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) program, partner with teams across Amplitude, and be recognized as the leader for this important function of the business. This is an ideal role for a Builder, someone who loves to create programs and be given the freedom to work outside-of-the-box to come up with new and exciting ways to meet and exceed goals. You’ll be given full support from the organization and thrive from being part of a friendly, effective, and driven team. We are open to having this individual work remotely.
As a Director, Security Governance, you will:
- Define the needs of the business to meet and exceed controls and requirements for a variety of standards and regulations aligned with our risk posture
- Partner with Amplitude teams, primarily Engineering, Legal, Product, Go-to-Market (GTM), and HR to build and maintain repeatable, optimized, and sustainable programs
- Drive the closure of gaps and control improvements with internal teams, and own the supporting documentation and evidence of compliance
- Enforce the GRC strategy and vision to all levels of the organization to help ensure alignment with business strategy
- Define hiring needs for your team to support the objectives of the function
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Excellent understanding of risk and able to prioritize potential gaps and opportunities for improvement based on the business profile
- The ability to translate technical controls to non-technical individuals, and vice versa
- Understanding of foundational Security principles and controls (IT principles and controls, a plus!)
- Manage people effectively and put your team first
- Proven experience in defining and building GRC programs that support the Security function as a Business Enabler
The Skills You Bring
- Experience with building GRC programs at other fast-growing companies (SaaS organizations, a plus)
- Great communication skills and the ability to partner well and easily integrate with other teams to be effective, with an executive presence
- Enthusiasm, drive, and a fondness for thinking outside the box to come up with innovative and effective solutions
- Strong persuasion, collaboration, and influencing skills, with the ability to think strategically and tactically
- Leadership and oversight experience, or a tenacious desire to gain them
- Experience with Privacy, a plus
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.