Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director of Competitive Intelligence
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking a Director to lead our cross-functional Competitive Intelligence (CI) initiatives. You will oversee orchestrating all CI initiatives in close collaboration with the broader product marketing team, sales enablement, client strategy, product and marketing. From gathering and analyzing data, proactively researching specific competitors to delivering actionable field enablement tools, you will play a pivotal role in supporting Attentive’s hyper-growth in an increasingly competitive environment. This is a high-impact, strategic role that will help position Attentive as the leader in the mobile messaging space.
You @ Attentive:
• Deliver actionable and current competitive updates to the sales and client strategy teams
• Leading the voice of the buyer win-loss program, conducting direct interviews and distilling reasons lost/churned insights to help improve go-to-market and product efforts
• Translating competitive insights into actionable field enablement tools such as battlecards
• Supporting the definition of pricing and packaging in collaboration with product and pricing teams
• Collaborating with senior product, marketing and sales leadership in defining competitive positioning and understanding relevant technology advancements from competitors
• Manage a team of high-performing Competitive Intelligence Product Marketers
• Define the success criteria of the CI program and measure the impact of all Product Marketing efforts against stated corporate goals
What We’re Looking For:
• 10+ years of technology experience in SaaS Martech Software
• 8+ years of experience in product, product marketing, competitive intelligence, strategy, or sales engineering roles
• A proven track record building and implementing competitive intelligence programs and sales tools
• Considerable experience influencing cross-functional stakeholders at the executive level
• Outstanding communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.