Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Dallas, TX, US
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We’re searching for a Benefits Lead to join our incredible People Operations team. This person will play a key role in designing, managing, and communicating the benefit programs in a rapidly growing company. You must be passionate about building things, solving complex problems, and have an appetite for the opportunity to make outsized impact. Our company values drive everything we do, so you will be a beacon of objectivity, fairness, integrity and transparency.
- Design, manage, and implement all benefit programs including, medical, dental, vision, life, retirement, and wellness plans
- Apply a data-driven approach to ensure benefit programs are cost-effective, innovative, inclusive, and meet the needs of a diverse employee population
- Partner with Total Rewards teammates to build and implement a holistic total rewards philosophy that is aligned with company values
- Lead the renewal and open enrollment processes
- Manage relationships with brokers and vendors
- Develop an effective Benefits communication strategy to ensure employee understanding of Benefits plan offerings, policies, and key dates
- Remain in compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Manage benefits projects from inception to completion
- 7 or more years of experience
- Ability to own projects from inception to completion
- Outstanding customer service and cross-functional communication skills
- Workday benefits experience
- Experience with self-insured benefits plans
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital, Greylock and Index Ventures.