Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
San Francisco, CA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. You will be an integral part of our recruiting team to continue building the best company in the autonomous driving space!
- Help to define, design and implement sourcing strategies for a variety of Product and Technical roles, including understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply
- Work closely with our Recruiting team and hiring managers to deeply understand the requirements of the roles, the functions and how they fit into the organization and mission for Aurora
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research and referral generation with a focus on diversity and inclusion
- Find and engage passive candidates through the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and other recruiting tools, as well as alternative search techniques
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine basic qualifications and competencies based on the role
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and motivations, while supporting and fostering an exemplary candidate experience at every stage of the process
- Strong focus on data integrity and using data to help influences decisions and provide sourcing insights
- Flexibility to support a variety of roles and teams, based on company priorities
- Minimum 3 years of in-house technical sourcing experience (Hardware or Software)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A track record of success, integrity, excellent organizational skills, strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships across various business cross-functional partners
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working within the autonomous driving space or related technology
- Prior work experience at a startup or mid-sized high growth company
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.