Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Developer Relations Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
“Actually talk to your customers...
...Use the language that they use. Talk about the things they talk about. Never feed salad to a lion.” – Jay Acunzo
The objective? Create, curate and promote authentic, technically substantive, and persona-appropriate content for strongDM.
You are part evangelist who’s passionate about sharing and promoting our content to the right people in the right places, part curator of content from internal and external resources.
Your ability to get both technical documentation and prospect-facing content done right will make it possible for strongDM to inform, engage, and inspire DevOps audiences through the topics they care about.
What You'll Do:
- Create and grow our presence in the developer community
- Engage with developers and create compelling and authentic resources such as demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and blog posts
- Create and maintain resources for developers such as demos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides, and tutorials
- Monitor and engage in external communities like Stack Overflow, GitHub and Slack to identify new resources and own delivery of those pieces
- Be an active member of the DevOps and DevSecOps communities, building strong relationships with DevOps, SREs, InfoSec and security leaders and influencers
- Speak or work with our founding team to present at conferences, contribute to events, and engaging in communities
- Collaborate with internal and external content creators to develop a deep and wide set of content across a variety of topics relevant to our buyers
- Ensure our content is easily found by and visible to the right people, working with your colleagues to share and promote our content appropriately for our audience
- 3+ years of experience in a direct, hands-on community or end-user focused role such as technical community management and developer advocacy.
- 5+ years of experience as a Developer or Engineer across any relevant disciplines including cloud software development, infrastructure management, SRE, DevOps, or related fields.
- Influential thinker and impeccable communicator of ideas
- Start-up mentality and the ability to collaborate across the company, with the expertise of a seasoned media leader
- Experience blogging and writing technical articles and contributing to popular open-source projects.
- Deep familiarity with modern cloud technologies, including AWS, Azure, or GCP; modern agile development practices, including DevOps and related toolsets.
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required