Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique, innovative, and engaging digital and offline experiences to fuel our growth. We leverage the power of personal narrative to own the beauty conversation and commerce on the internet. To meet our ambitious goals, we are looking for a Senior Data/ML Scientist to join our Data leadership team.
This role will own and drive the strategy and vision for Data Science across our customer acquisition, retention and digital product team. You will focus on driving personalization experiences to delight our customers, enriching our customer understanding to drive long-term engagement, and supporting strategic marketing and product innovation.
You will partner closely with key leaders to unlock a new understanding of our ever-expanding base of customers and help drive the smart use of data. If you enjoy delivering end-to-end solutions from technique selection to model training and results measurement for cutting-edge digital products and innovative marketing strategies, then we want to hear from you!
Six Month Expectations
- Collaborate with a team of data scientists and engineers in the development of end to end ML/AI driven solutions across business units.
- Operate across a wide range of ML approaches and other statistical techniques.
- Lead Experimentation projects to uncover the customer needs and voices.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Become a subject matter expert and introduce new and innovative techniques in Data Science and ML/AI to help Glossier become the leading brand.
- Build intelligence in our customer experience through machine learning and powering our business with the right insights.
- Create an end-to-end Experimentation process from ideation to results implementation and test prioritization mechanism to focus on scalable and impactful outcomes.
- You have minimum 5 years of industry experience in building Machine Learning and Statistical Models in relevant industry from idea generation to objectives formulation to implementation and deliverables.
- Self-sufficiency in data analysis (such as R, Python)
- You have deep understanding of a breadth of modeling techniques (e.g. regression models, causal inference in marketing and product launches, advanced Bayesian techniques)
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and entrepreneurial. You work autonomously.
- You have a MS/PhD degree in Econometrics, Statistics or similar field
- Familiarity with performance marketing analytics and experimental design (e.g. A/B testing)
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.