Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Senior Sales Engineer
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,500 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
Location: This position can be performed remotely within the US
As a Senior Sales Engineer on the team, you’ll fill a key role in ensuring our most important prospects and customers have a high quality experience. Sales Engineers at Gong are not your typical SEs who give demos day in and day out. We are strategic resources deployed to solve complex use cases when no one else can. Think of us as superheroes called into action when needed!
- Work alongside Sales and Customer Success as the ultimate product expert (this is not a demo monkey role!)
- Thoroughly understand all aspects of the Gong platform in order to explain the technology to all types of users.
- Solution complex use cases and explain them in layman’s terms to prospects.
- Be the prospect’s trusted advisor to ensure they get the correct value out of Gong.
- Help eliminate bottlenecks by working cross functionally (Sales, Support, Product Management, Engineering) in order to get deals across the line.
- Work closely with our most strategic prospects’ technical and security teams.
- Complete RFPs and questionnaires in the context of sales cycles.
- Contribute reusable assets to the Sales Engineering team and the company at-large.
- Collaborate closely with Product Marketing, Product Management and Engineering to learn how to sell our solutions and give feedback from the field.
- 5+ years of SaaS enterprise software sales engineering or other relevant work experience.
- Experience with security and privacy pertaining to SaaS systems.
- Understanding of APIs, JSON, and webhooks.
- Experience with sales technology or telephony systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to make the complex sound simple!
PERKS & BENEFITS
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment