Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is looking for a highly motivated, experienced and collaborative Global Supply Manager, who is excited to drive operational strategies for Glossier’s fast scaling supply chain. This individual will be expected to approach strategic initiatives and supply issues with innovative problem solving, challenging the status quo and optimizing for scale. This individual will play a critical role in our supply chain evolution, analyzing Glossier’s overall supplier base, driving sourcing improvements, and optimizing product lead times and costs - while prioritizing vendor relationships. This individual will work closely with sales, product development, creative, project management and commercialization teams to ensure cross-functional alignment in key decisions. This role will be focusing primarily on new product development and establishing robust product supply chains in order to ensure post launch success.
Six Month Expectations
- Identify and qualify contract manufacturing partners that fit Glossier's business needs and can support growth over the next several years
- Build strong cross-functional relationships to support the successful launch of new products, while working closely with the operation teams to ensure post-launch success
- Lead the ideation and implementation of cost reduction initiatives (analyzing spending, should-cost and benchmarking) with a focus on improving Glossier EBITDA
- Actively participate in PPD and Program Risk meetings focused on the identification, mitigation and elevation of risk to launch timelines and cost to senior leadership
- Partner with the Glossier legal team in all contract negotiations and ensure risk mitigation is an integral part of any vendor and product discussions
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Manage a team of Supply Chain Analysts, fostering personal development with regards to vendor management, negotiation and cross functional collaboration
- Apply an in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes, costs and market intelligence to influence future product roadmap and sourcing decisions
- Ideate, create, and maintain supply chain related performance dashboards, KPI's, and scorecards to hold stakeholders accountable for the successful delivery of key strategic initiatives
- Conduct regular supplier performance reviews, identify corrective actions, assign owners, and follow-through to drive overall supplier improvements
- 5+ years of Beauty/CPG Supply Chain experience
- BA/BS degree, MA/MS/MBA degree a plus
- 2+ years as a people manager with a track record of employee progression
- High EQ individual with superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the cosmetic industry and network of formula and packaging suppliers
- An eagerness to negotiate and achieve maximum value for Glossier in all transactions
- A creative aptitude with a strong grasp and appreciation of the Glossier brand
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.