Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is seeking a driven, self-motivated Sr. Manager, Compensation to scale our global total compensation practices and support our dynamic and rapidly growing team. This individual will define and drive best-in-class compensation strategies and help develop enhanced, scalable HR processes, partnering closely with senior leaders and People team members. This individual will report to the Director of People Operations.
Six Month Expectations
- Develop and administer global compensation programs, including annual salary planning process, promotion and equity cycles.
- Research, and lead the implementation and management of new compensation programs, policies, and procedures, including salary compensation and short and long-term incentive programs.
- Consult on and resolve complex compensation questions and topics, providing compensation expertise and advice to HR Business Partners, Recruiters, and senior leaders based on our pay philosophy, best practices, and internal and external data.
- Evaluate jobs for exemption status, internal pay equity, and external competitiveness.
- Lead the administration of compensation adjustments and drive process improvements related to the annual and mid-year performance review cycles.
- Prepare Comp Committee materials and recommendations and present them to business leaders. Develop and deliver compensation tools and reports to support the business.
- Challenge yourself to improve existing programs to drive desired business results, better serve our employees, and support scalability.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Keep up with compensation trends and compliance by completing survey submissions, conducting ongoing data analysis, and networking internally and externally. Manage all benchmarking activities and data review.
- Perform deep internal analysis and research best practices to ensure pay equality and align with our pay philosophy and best compensation practices. Develop strategic solutions and present findings to leadership.
- Lead the design and implementation of all necessary tools, systems, and processes to support compensation management and administration.
- Maintain compensation infrastructure within our current HRIS, ADP Lifion.
- Support audits related to compensation controls.
- Develop recommendations for annual structure and budget adjustments to maintain internal and external pay equity and best practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in compensation/total rewards; should include design, development, and implementation of executive, equity, and incentive programs
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to be extremely detail oriented, while also aligning with the big picture.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, and a track record for executing and auditing work
- Experience communicating with senior management and cross functional partners
- Previous experience at a high-growth startup a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.