productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter – ones that solve real-world challenges while creating truly helpful, meaningful experiences. To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a product designer to join our Design System team.
As a Design Systems designer at Productboard, you will work closely with the product designers and design system lead to evolve our product design language.
You'll be helping other designers and working with our UX writer to extract common patterns so that they can be implemented into our design system. And of course, you'll be participating in regular design critiques and pair designing sessions, as well as Productboard's fabulous off-sites if you join our team.
On a typical day, you will …
- Design and document interaction patterns throughout our components, documentation, and prototypes.
- Maintain robust and usable Figma components libraries, from foundational elements to more complex components.
- Work with our brand designers to specify and maintain the core principles of our product visual language.
- Work closely with our engineers to ensure the components are implemented effectively.
- Work with our UX writers to uphold language-based rules, and support the evolution of our content guidelines.
- Provide regular design feedback to other designers and engineers regrading accessibility and using effective UX patterns.
- Conduct regular pair design sessions with designers from product teams to understand their needs better.
- Help develop and promote best practices for the design system team.
- You are a systemic thinker who thinks holistically and can translate complex problems and processes into simple and intuitive user experiences.
- Your portfolio proves your UI and visual design experience.
- You have expertise developing a robust and usable Figma components library.
- You have a deep knowledge of common interaction patterns and information architecture.
- You can identify patterns and abstract them for use in different use cases.
- You’re a great communicator and relationship builder.
- You care about the impact of your work and can deliver high-quality design work at fast.
- You’re organized, self-motivated, and efficient.
Bonus points for:
- You know accessibility standards related to design and keyboard interactions.
- You have experience working in a B2B SaaS organization with a mature product and design practice.
- You’re familiar with Figma plugins, particularly those related to accessibility and content.
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
💚 shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
📢 Productboard Toastmasters Club
🌁 Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️ Relocation Package for foreign (non-Czech/Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard.
As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.