Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Counsel, Product
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking a Senior Counsel, Product to join Attentive’s quickly growing legal team. You should have superb legal experience and equally strong business judgment. We’re looking for a collaborative team member with strong problem-solving skills who can manage multiple, high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with our product and client strategy teams and report to our Associate General Counsel, Product & Litigation.
- Advise product teams and other key stakeholders on a range of issues, and relevant federal and state law, regulations, and industry guidelines, including the TCPA & CTIA rules.
- Advise and support client strategy teams with respect to compliance issues that affect client campaigns.
- Develop and maintain internal policies, programs, and resources with respect to compliance.
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives relating to current and new products or services.
- Remain knowledgeable on relevant industry laws and regulations.
- Act as first line of defense for any legal complaints and work with outside counsel on any litigation matters.
- Collaborate with colleagues on multidisciplinary legal matters and assist in other projects as needed.
- J.D. and qualified to practice law in one or more U.S. state bar.
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm, government agency, or in-house legal department
- Excellent project-management skills, with attention to detail
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- In-house experience is a plus.
- Experience with SaaS, FinTech, litigation and/or data privacy/security is a plus.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.