Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Engineering Manager - Solutions Engineering
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven full-time Engineering Manager for our emerging Solutions Team. As the leading technical point of contact, you would be the voice of the Attentive engineering team, responsible for engagement and management of the technical aspects of the client relationship. As a Solutions Engineering Manager, you are the engineering lead of a team of engineers assigned to building engineering solutions that unlock value of the Attentive platform for existing and prospective customers. This is a hands-on role where you are expected to balance people management, cross-functional leadership, and coding. You will handle customer escalations by combining business judgment with effective technical assessment skills. You will develop your team members into highly skilled troubleshooting experts who can diagnose a wide variety This integral team member will be a leader for our Solutions Engineering team and provide coaching and mentorship of Solution Engineers around demo delivery, proof of concepts, technical feasibility of the proposed solution, and subject matter expertise for our product suite. Required is a strong customer centric mentality and genuine curiosity for the breadth of the customers’ real business challenges, along with the ability to match our growing solution set to solve them.
You @ Attentive:
- You will be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on solutions engineer and an effective people manager.
- You will hold your own in technical and business discussions with customers, customer success and product and engineering.
- You will write simple yet elegant, readable, and well-documented code
- You can understand the business of your customers, identify problems or opportunities then address them using technology
- Be a subject matter expert on the Attentive platform
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to translate customer needs into a better overall product
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving to building products
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Built and shipped complex software productsManaged a high performance team
Product Development @ Attentive:
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux
- Our team is 40+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation
- To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote workDaily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.